Estimated Reading Time: 2 minute
New clients take a bit of work – you have to work hard to get to know them and they you.
Having been part of the BizDojo community we were lucky to meet a host of great folks in the co-working space on K Road.
So it’s always a delight when we get to re-connect in the interests of client work.
Not only does it look good to be able to say “we know them already” but it builds trust with both parties and also some strong marketing too.
Nice work, Tim Dawson of Ghost Street and fun to be collaborating.
Networks of networks
Which makes me think about questions I have had this past fortnight about the networks which work for me and where and how I find them.
Challenging – because when I moved to Auckland I knew few people. So here are the ones which I find useful for meeting smart folks who think, challenge, may become clients and have good things which I’m interested in hearing others talk about….
- Kea New Zealand – the network that connects kiwis around the globe
- SMACAKL – Social Media Club Auckland
- MECCA – ICT industry consultants
- Auckland Content Strategy –
- AFQY – A Few Quiet Yarns – mostly tech folks meeting to talk rather than sell
- Auckland Internet Marketing Group
- Auckland WordPress Users Group
- Devo Drinks – run by Matt Yallop – just ask for an invite
- Techapuna Hi Tech Entrepreneurs – Derek Handley’s brainchild
- Business Owners Forum run by Fraser Hurrell in Albany and Newmarket
- New Zealand Software Association
- And a few others which I’m invited to from time to time.
Which are your go-to meetings, groups and influencers? Please add to the list.
We use our 8 Step New Business Development process and each has a category – this blog post is related to Step 4 – Profile Raising, Step 5 – Relationship Development and Step 6 – Opportunity Spotting.
Click on each icon to see more posts in that category.