Facebook marketing for a drink brand on a small budget

Estimated reading time: 2 min

Wests NZ LogoWests New Zealand is a Dunedin based manufacturer of Cordials and Soft drinks. Wests have been producing beverages since 1876 and are currently in the process of spicing up their branding.  This includes the purchase of a new bottling machine that allows them to customise their bottles.

Creative Agency Secrets spoke with them to discuss ways they can improve their marketing efforts using the Wests NZ Facebook page.

Facebook marketing goals

Their goals for Facebook include increasing their followers and developing more consistent levels of engagement.

By improving their Facebook marketing they also hope to maximise the potential that this new bottling machine will create. They want to achieve this by generating excitement and anticipation amongst their customers before the new bottles come into circulation.

Because of the investment required for the new bottling machine, they are looking to be as cost efficient as possible with their marketing campaign.

By leveraging their already established Wests NZ Facebook presence they will be able to achieve these objectives with minimal costs.

Wests had already created a solid foundation of Facebook fans, but found that they had reached a standstill. They weren’t gaining new followers and they weren’t consistently keeping their reach and engagement at high levels.

Creative Agency Secrets recommends Building Social Engagement

We gave them some recommendations on how they could go about improving these statistics, which can also be used for their promotion of their new bottling machine:

  • Regular posting to help stabilise reach and engagement of their Facebook fans.
  • Utilising and 80/20 rule when thinking about posts. 80% are aiming to build engagement and the other 20% are marketing their own products and specials.
  • Be active on other group pages (mainly by sharing and liking posts) that are in their product or geographical area. This is to get visitors to these pages to also visit the Wests page.

Would you like to know what ideas we have for your business?

Get in touch with us for a FREE 20 minute chat on the the phone or Skype.

2 replies
  1. webpage
    webpage says:

    Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if
    you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.

    I’ve been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping
    maybe you would have some experience with something
    like this. Please let me know if you run into anything.
    I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new

    • Jonathan Malcolm Lewis
      Jonathan Malcolm Lewis says:

      Do you mean show your recent tweets on your page in a sidebar/widget area on your site or do you mean to post your blog posts etc to your Twitter page?


Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *