I am a panelist at the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs summit talking about Social Media, Marketing and communications.
Three talking points and answers
From your experience in B2B Marketing, what do you think our Pacific & Maori business women who target businesses as customers should focus on for their marketing activities?
- Understand the customer – walk in their shoes
- Keep good records – CRM
- Businesses may look daunting as sales targets but they are made up of people – befriend them.
- Use LinkedIn – buy a Premium membership and Sales Navigator
- Build your email list from day one
- Don’t build your house on rented land
- Focus on local marketing first
Can you give some examples of SME women led businesses you have supported with your digital marketing insights expertise?
- Sue Skeet – Notice Match
- Climber Property – Grace Hu
- Equal Exes – Bridgette Jackson
- PICMI – Genevieve Griffin-George
- Catherine Stewart Barrister
- Method Recycling – India Korner
What are some tips you can give our Pacific & Maori business women for their digital marketing activities & campaigns?
- Buy expertise if you don’t have it yourself. Fiverr, Upwork
- Learn how to brief
- Find your tribe…. start very very narrow for your audience
- Keep your owned digital assets at the core of your strategy.
- Stay in touch regularly
- Build community
- Join the Marketing Association B2B SIG
Happy to give guidance to anyone who needs more detail on these topics.