I got a call this week and asked to advise an event which is for business to business audience how I could help them double their attendees in the last 4-5 weeks before the event happens.
This is my advice.
Last-minute event marketing
- Set up a tripwire webinar to drive interest / registration details
- Find people with mailing lists and agree a joint venture collaboration with them to promote
- Run a competition to win a free ticket (combine with webinar)
- Telesales follow up to all webinar attendees (and non-attendees). Best to use GoToWebinar as it tells you who attends.
- I do not think affiliate marketing would work in New Zealand for B2B events. But offering a second ticket free if one person buys can add headcount.
- I do not think radio advertising will work because which station(s) do all your target audience listen to? But podcasting could. Find business podcasters in your niche.