I got this question on Clarity.fm where I’m a registered consultant and so decided to share my answer here as well.
- Firstly, get some testimonials and case studies for the product.
- Build a website and pay to have it SEOed professionally.
- Plan a blog writing year of articles.
- Get public speaking opportunities to showcase your expertise and if you can, mention the B2B solution.
- Buy a mailing list (or build your own) and use direct mail to educate the audience in your area of expertise. Later mention the B2B solution and build a landing page on the website to capture inbound enquiries.
- Seek referrals and word of mouth from happy customers.
In order to do these things you will need the following marketing assets: Website, brochure collateral, marketing automation software, CRM database, SEO and strong copywriting.
Happy to help with more detail if you arrange a 20 minute phone call with me personally. I can either tutor you in how to do it yourself, or my team can do it with/for you.