If you are in business development, it’s important to stay connected to the buzz in the marketplace. One of the hard things is to find a single place to gather all your news sources. Biz dev can be written about in marketing magazines, books, industry magazines, online in blogs and forums. It’s a disparate subject and isn’t easy to collate for easy consumption.
I find two main sources helpful – Twitter and RSS feeds. If you aren’t using a feed reader, it is really useful because it gathers all your RSS sources into one place. Consider trying out Google Reader or Feedly.
Today I publish the ones I read most often
- Fuel Lines
- B2B Lead Generation
- Social Media B2B
- Creative Brief
- Alchemis New Business
- Blowin’ in the Tradewind
- Digital Body Language
- BL Ochman’s Blog
- Web Liquid
I should add that the last couple are more about internet marketing but they often give me great ideas for campaigns and articles to write for CreativeAgencySecrets.
Any more biz dev blogs I should be reading? Send over your suggestions.
The Top 6 most popular articles of all time
- What does a client brief look like? How to write a creative brief for an agency
- How to make matching Facebook profile and cover photos
- Anniversary promotion Campaigns
- Email autoresponders, a quick tutorial
- Dear Valued Customer, how not to write customer service letters
- How to introduce your business by email