10 marketing strategies for a local business
What are some breakthrough marketing strategies to grow and scale a local business?
Local teeth whitening business, already doing FB ads, Instagram ads, Adwords, little bit of content marketing on YouTube and will be “scaling” those channels over the coming weeks/months, but wanted to know about offline strategies or where else online I can get the best value for my marketing spend.
Great question – local marketing is absolutely essential nowadays. Especially as few people are navigating social media looking for tooth whitening services, these will become more profitable than online over time.
Here’s a quick list of tools I suggest using to bolster your current work.
- Set up a Google My Business account and get it address-verified (they mail you a code)
- Keywords – ensure city/ town / suburb / state or county are all included in metadata
- Directory listings – Get yourself listed on free and paid sites. If you can afford a small spend www.brightlocal.com is worthwhile
- Use Facebook local targeting for advertising / brand building
- Set up Google Alerts for key phrases in the news that could allow you to comment / contact / build a mailing list
- Join the local Business Associations and contact all the relevant local business members
- Go to Networking events (BNI, Chamber of Commerce, Meetup.com, Eventbrite)
- Get happy customers to write Testimonials on Google My Business. Also, reproduce them on your website
- Use media relations to get articles in local newspaper, local radio, local newsletters, (check out Yahoo Groups for local lists)
- Ask for Referrals – by sending two business cards with your invoice
- Make specific requests for social sharing via your accounts
- Surprise and delight the customer – e.g. pay it forward – you pay to have your teeth whitened, and I give a free treatment each month to a deserving individual and use that for publicity.
I hope that gives you a load of great ideas to be getting on with.
But if you’d like specific coaching on what to do for this client – get in touch.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!